Friday, April 17, 2009

The 17th - Floating in the Nowhere of the Pacific.

Despite it being a B day and I don't have any classes I think today has been one of the most frustrating days of my whole time on the ship. Thankfully the global studies exam is over and I escaped with another solid C (I don't care even a little bit at this point.) But there's miscommunication between so many people back home and I and I'm gearing up for finals, which always makes me a huge mess. I'm behind on all my internship applications and missed the deadlines for a couple of them because I've been trying to focus on my work on the ship. The worst though is that I've lost the new USB my mom just got me. The USB with all my internship information. The USB with all my pictures of China. I was waiting until a B day when I didn't have too much to do to upload them onto my hardrive and now I have no idea where it is - the other thing is that if it's not in my room somewhere (and I turned my whole room apart and tidied up trying to find it...)it might be gone forever. There're a lot of problems with people stealing USBs since everyone has so many pictures to keep.This wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't had lost ALL my Namibia pictures.
 
It's not that big a deal I guess but on top of everything it just really upset me.
 
Also, I have another Classical Islam quiz tomorrow for Professor Jawed a.k.a. THE WORST PROFESSOR EVER. I don't know why he bugs me as much as he does but I stress myself out so bad over the work he assigns our class. I got a perfect grade on quiz 1/3 and an F on quiz 2/3 - considering tomorrow is quiz 3/3 and the only other grade we get is our final which is worth 50% of our whole grade. That's not allowed in any other school I've ever heard of. He doesn't understand how email works and refuses to do anykind of review session or study guide. He so graciously gave us all a "guide" for the final that consisted of 18 essay topics ranging from "What is the difference between Sunni and Shi'a? Elaborate." to "Compare and contrast different Hadiths and how different Muslims approach them." Okay, for one, if it weren't for my other Islam classes, I wouldn't know what a hadith even was - we've never talked about them. At all! Plus, he expects us to spend at least an hour on each of these 18 essays, of which he'll pick one at random to add to our multiple choice final. What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. On top of that, when a friend of mine asked if the final was cumulative or not he just said, "It is both cumulative and not. It would be prudent of you to review all past material but that doesn't mean it will be on the test."
 
I could scream.
 
Also, all these bitches have decided they have to start going to the gym to get back into shape for their homecoming - which means the precious few times I've been able to get a time slot on the elliptical is no longer. I can work out in the room or I can continue to eat nothing but the only menu available of potatoes and pasta and begin an early career of jabba the hotness. AGHHHHHH.
 
If we don't get to Hawaii soon I may just loose what's left of my sanity, though I probably ought to use my tropical fun-time as a study session for finals since they're all on the same day. Baller planning SAS!
 
Expect hysterical calls at inappropriate hours soon since I'm loosing my mind and I've heard rumors that we'll get phone service a day off the coast!
 

No comments: